What services are provided at the Cobh Community Drugs Initiative?
- Work with 14-23 year olds from Cobh, on a one to one basis, whose lives are affected by drugs and/or alcohol
- Support young people in recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction
- To tailor make a plan for each young person encouraging change, growth, healthy lifestyle choices and fulfilling their potential
- Support/provide information for loved ones and family members of young people referred to service
- Provide a safe, confidential environment where young people are listened to and free to discuss issues
- Provide a link between young people in Cobh to other services where appropriate i.e. treatment centres, health clinics, assessment & counselling services, etc.
- Act as an advocate for the young person
- Auricular Acupuncture
- One to one support for concerned persons
Article Citation: Turner, G., & Klimas, J. (2009). Moving on- helping young people and their families deal with addiction issues. Insight – Reflective Practice Journal, YMCA Ireland, 8, 16-18. Download the article here.
Cobh Community Drugs Initiative – Contact:
C/o Cobh YMCA
4A Ticknock Commercial Park, Ticknock, Co. Cork
Community Drugs Worker: Gemma Turner
If you enjoyed reading this post, you might enjoy reading about Ireland and Irish research here